Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My first Creme Brulee

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I just got a set of ramekinds. Since I've all the ingredients needed to make Creme Brulee, I baked few yesterday. The recipe I have is a super duper easy, simple one that doesn't need any special skill, even if you do not have any basic baking skill, you can still bake a yummy Creme Brulee. It took me less than 15 mins before putting them into the oven.

Continue for the recipe...







~Creme Brule~

Preparation:
1. 5 ramekins (I used 7 oz ramekins, so this recipe portion only can filled 3 pieces of 7 oz ramekins, so the quantity of ramekin is depends on your size of ramekin)
2. Few sheets of aluminium foil.
3. Preheat Oven to 150 C/300F.
.
Ingredients:
250 ml whipping cream (in liquid form)
45 grams sugar
20 grams muscovado (Black sugar)
5 Egg yolks
Few drops vanilla essence

Method:
1. Put egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until thick and pale.
2. Blend in whipping cream and vanilla essence to #1.
3. Fill ramekins with the custard mixure (#1 + #2 ) to 4/5 full. Cover with aluminium foil.
4. Bake at 150C/300F for 40 minutes in hot water bath.
5. Allow to cool and chill for 2 hours. Sprinkle with muscovado and return to the oven for another 5-8 minutes.
6. Relax and enjoy ! ^.O

A little note of myself:
-Creme Brulee is really a nice and wonderful dessert for party or family gathering!
-I cut the sugar to 40 grams.
-I didn't put the vanilla essence, I usually do not add this to keep the naturality.
-I didn't measure the amout of the muscovado but just sprinkle around the Creme Brulee.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

next time make some for us la...

Carolyn~~* said...

OK mama...but I don't know if u like it or not..coz I bit cheesy, milk taste =p