Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A little something about Kenny G

...We heart Kenny G...

We had a good, memorable, beautiful experience attending Kenny G's live performance. And, we got to know a little more baout Kenny G's background. Kenny G was born in Seattle, Washington. He was a Jewish, started learning saxophone when he was 11. Kenny G is in the Guinness World Records for holding the longest sustained note on a saxophone: 45 minutes, 47 seconds...this is COOL isn't??? He even showed us how he was able to inhale and blowing the saxophone at the same time, meaning to inhale to exhale at the same second, he called it circular breathing, and he used more than 20 years in practicing this technique...try it, I can't do this! :P



He was just standing less than 5 feets in front of me :) We got a nice seat!

Kenny G and his band, some of the band members were his high school friends, they have been playing music together for more than 27 years!





LKM and I were get to talk to him while getting his signature, we're so proud to tell him that we're from Malaysia :P ....He was kind of gentleman and handsome (or I should say Man :) ), when I asked him if I can shake his hand, he replied with his smiley face: oh yeah, sure...finally, I got a handshake with Kenny G! How good if I don't need to wash my hand! ;)

No comments: