Sunday, August 23, 2009

.....Bon Appetit.....

The measure of achievement is not winning awards. It's doing something that you appreciate, something you believe is worthwhile. I think of my strawberry souffle. I did that at least twenty-eight times before I finally conquered it.
- Julia Child


Synopsis:

Meryl Streep is Julia Child and Amy Adams is Julie Powell in writer-director Nora Ephron’s adaptation of two bestselling memoirs: Powell’s Julie & Julia and My Life in France, by Julia Child with... Meryl Streep is Julia Child and Amy Adams is Julie Powell in writer-director Nora Ephron’s adaptation of two bestselling memoirs: Powell’s Julie & Julia and My Life in France, by Julia Child with Alex Prud’homme.

Based on two true stories, Julie & Julia intertwines the lives of two women who, though separated by time and space, are both at loose ends...until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible.

*********************************************************************
Julie & Julia. I'm just so felt in love with this movie. On Thursday late afternoon, LKM and I decided to watch this movie before his summer holidays end and Fall semester starts this coming Monday. I watched the review of this movie when I had My sister's keepers with my gf couple weeks ago. I would give an A++, 5 stars, incredible, fantastic, awesome, excellent, SUPER...whatever fabulous word that I can describe this movie. This is the Best Movie I had ever watch in my entire life, perhaps it was about the cooking & baking.
.
It was a inspirational, delightful movie full of humor and life lessons. I personally love Meryl Streep this character, of course her acting. Without questioning, Meryl Streep successfully transformed herself into character. She actually had you believing she was Julia Child. She is lovely, charming, humorous and a happy go lucky woman. Her acting was really good, love her slogan "Bon Appetit" which means good appetite or enjoy your meal in the movie, the way an American trying to speaks in French accent. :)
.
Julie @ Amy Adams, she is so beautiful in this movie. I must give my salute to her, for her passion and self-discipline to accomplish the project (to finish 524 recipes in 365 days) on time. Although she faces difficulties, but she still managed to cleam them up and keep going. The movie does included her strong, romantic love journey with her hubby. It's funny that Julie mentioned that she loves her hubby so much just like the pigs loves shit. :P
.
Things that I've learned from this movie-it's never too late or too old to let ours star shine. One seemingly small step can end up changing our life, just like Julia's (Meryl Streep) husband saying in the movie, when he was trying Julia not to give up on her hope to get some one in sponsoring her to publish the cook book. He said: "Your book will changes the whole world". And yes, she did! Do whatever we enjoy or talented at, with what God has gave us, we never know who we might inspire.
.
There're so much I want to comment about this movie...
.
Phew....OKOK... I think this is long enough...I wont's spoil this movie for you, go watch it. Hope you enjoy the movie.
.
"Bon Appetittttttttttttttt...." :)

No comments: